Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shout Out To Working Families On Their Own

After a month without my nanny, and both sets of grandparents travelling at the same time, I've really developed an appreciation for all the parents who raise little ones on their own. No family, no hired help. Moms who hold down jobs while raising a child? SUPERMOMS. Single mothers? WONDER-WOMEN.

I don't know how I came out on the other side of holding down a full-time job, parenting, and being without my usual support network, having only this deepened respect and negligible psychological trauma to show for it. I bow down before all you mothers and fathers who do this day in and day out. I'm not worthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, just catching up on your blog now, but I couldn't agree with you more on this!! With all the help that I get and maximum support from my husband, I still find it difficult! How on earth do those people do it alone??