Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grateful For The Four-Legged Kids

E and V are so time-consuming and demanding that I have not had a chance to mention my first two kids: Lucy and Stubby. Both dogs are getting old now, and sometimes it takes a sad situation to remind me about my four-legged kids who love me just as much as the two-legged ones, if not more.

Our friends' dog Jerrianne recently had to have a biopsy, and our friends are still waiting to hear the results. If the growth on her spleen turns out to be cancer, she may have only one to six months to live. Jerrianne is only nine, two years younger than Lucy.

I feel so lucky that Lucy and Stubby are relatively healthy (so far) in their old age and active and loving life. They have accepted E and V into their pack, even though we spend considerably less time with them since the kids were born. They are wonderful dogs and wonderful first children for me. I'm so grateful to have them in my life. I can't even imagine how I could cope with our friends' situation.

So make a wish for, say a prayer, or however you commune with the universe, please ask for Jerrianne to be OK. Her parents are holding their breath and hoping that with enough love, their baby can heal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another coincedence. My four-legged babies are not doing too well either. Fluffy's got a mass on one of his toes and Rambo's getting way too much insulin. Just thinking about the end of their lives is enough to make me bawl. Don't forget to shower them with love at every chance!!