Monday, February 23, 2009

Words To Live By - The Four Year-Old's Edition

Sometimes E says the funniest things that I just have to capture them for posterity. I hope these put a smile on your face, as they did for me:

Scatological...
(flushing toilet) "Bye-bye, poo-poo. Good luck in the ocean!"
(sitting on toilet) "Mommy, poo-poo is private time. You can go work on your computer, I'm not done yet."
(eating veggies) "I have to eat lots of vegetables, so that my poo-poo can be long and go in a circle - woooooop."

Family Relations...
"Why did Uncle D come without Aunt R? He's not supposed to go without her."
"Um, Mommy, baby sisters are just terrible! What are we going to do about them?"
(after being told he's not allowed to scream at Grandpa) "That's Grandma's job?"

Education...
(after being asked what he did in school) "Um nothing, just learned stuff. And ate fruit."
"I don't like (swim) teacher Mike. I like girls."

Malapropisms...
(after head-butting Daddy in the groin) "Sorry, Daddy. Sorry for doing a butt-head."
(this is only funny if you know Cantonese) "I love bo-hai, it's my favorite. More bo-hai, please." Basically, he meant to say spinach (bo-cai), and instead he said sneakers (bo-hai).

Money...
(when bill arrives at a restaurant) "Daddy, you pay for it!"
"Mommy, you get on the computer so you can make money and buy things."
(at a fountain) "Mommy, you got pennies? I want to throw some money away."

My Favorite...
"Ahem, Mommy, excuse me. I love you very much."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Too funny! My favourites are the yelling at Grandpa one and the last one. =)